Tuesday, January 6, 2009

west texas calls.

an emotion unfurled and waved before a body,
mirror catching too much righteousness, thinking
want is a word I hate to let enter an otherwise
charmed & esoteric lexis. but wish and pray
can make too light or heavy a thing, and there must
be some pressed letters to indicate the ishness
that does sometimes traintrail Self. that being said,
I do not like it here where you are not. where humidity
is the theme of the day, in some good measure
with apathy (and I’m still dragging your timezone
around). forget the lure of clean, clear water. drink
wine instead. or force a perception of better. monster
lies of intellect, nearness [smashed: ‘nice to know
you, but I must be moving on…’]

I’ll move on to the desert. stay there in the sun
and dryland, cracked at edges and smiling at
me. horses? there’ll be horses. art and inspire.

appledeer, darling
storychild. let go
and bleed your warmsyrup blood.
pour yourself out, and willing.
be broken. understand:
you can't kill love.

No comments: